- ALDE calls for an end to secrecy of public documents
- European System of Financial Supervision should not develop into a politicised super-agency
- Free movement for corporate employees is good for business
- MEPS look to cut plastic bags use
- Ukraine: This is Europe’s hour to prove its ambitions for a common foreign policy
- The European Parliament is such a waste of money – or is it? | rationaldebate on Pay and Expenses statement
- stephen downs on Rebecca Taylor MEP: Medicinal regulation avoided but fight for ecigs not over yet
- Gazza on Rebecca Taylor MEP: Medicinal regulation avoided but fight for ecigs not over yet
- AdamN on Rebecca Taylor MEP: Medicinal regulation avoided but fight for ecigs not over yet
- Fergus Mason on Rebecca Taylor MEP: Medicinal regulation avoided but fight for ecigs not over yet
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
Category Archives: ALDE
“This is the moment to make EU institutions more transparent, to give citizens more trust. Trust of citizens hinges on openness and accountability of the politicians who represent them. Europe is becoming a political union, discretion and confidentiality must make room for transparency and open government” says ALDE MEP and rapporteur Sophie in’t Veld (D66, Netherlands).
Today, the European Parliament adopted a non-binding report with recommendations on the European System of Financial Supervision (ESFS) Review.
Members of the European Parliament’s Environment Committee approved a report today for reducing the consumption of plastic bags.
Ahead of an emergency EU summit today to discuss the EU response to Russian military occupation of Crimea and the urgent need to provide assistance to the new government of Ukraine, Guy Verhofstadt, ALDE group leader, said:
At an event in Berlin last weekend, Germany’s Chancellor Merkel and Commission President José Manuel Barroso officially received a copy of a cultural charter for a New Narrative for Europe. The project was launched last year by Danish liberal MEP Morten Løkkegaard (Venstre, Denmark).
Today the Commission announced its findings and recommendations following an in-depth review carried out in 17 Member States on progress in correcting fiscal deficits and macroeconomic imbalances. Whilst the economic recovery is heading i…
Guy Verhofstadt, leader of the liberals and democrats in the European Parliament, deplores the Russian decision to send 2,000 troops to the Crimea: “The Russian actions are in breach of numerous international commitments. Instead of engag…
Joint statement by Guy Verhofstadt, President of ALDE Group in the European Parliament and Mikhail Kasyanov, Co-Leader of People’s Freedom Party (PARNAS) on the escalation of the situation in Crimea
Putin has recklessly taken a step that put Russia on the brink of war with a friendly country Ukraine. Russia dropped the pretence of being a good neighbour and became a military agressor.
Hans van Baalen, ALDE Shadow on Ukraine welcomes the broad support in the European Parliament for the democratic change in Ukraine following a cross party resolution adopted today.