– Support the work of the Youth Intergroup.
– Provide research and briefings on EU policy issues, especially on youth.
– Assist with the daily work of the Intergroup Chair and Bureau (briefings, notes, correspondence).
– Support the drafting of position papers.
– Assistance in organising meetings, events and campaigns.
– Attending conferences and preparing reports for the Youth Intergroup.
– Maintaining a good relationship with NGOs and youth organizations.
– Undertaking of other duties as assigned
– Strong interest in politics.
– Very good understanding of EU institutions and politics. Working experience in the European Parliament would be an asset.
– Experience of organising meetings and events.
– Excellent spoken and written English and French. The knowledge of a third EU language will be considered.
– High motivation and pro-activeness.
– Excellent research and writing skills.
– Location : European Parliament, Brussels
– Duration : January 2013 – June 2014
– Remuneration : + /-1800 euros net
Please send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV, to MEP Eider Gardiazabal Rubial, President of the Youth Intergroup, before 18:00 hours CET on Monday 7th January 2013. Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject: ASSISTANT YOUTH INTERGROUP.